Our wedding ceremony and reception will be held in Parry Sound, Ontario at Nicole's childhood overnight camp, Tapawingo. The camp is located on the beautiful shores of Georgian Bay.
The serene nature of Georgian Bay has been shared in our hearts throughout both our lives and it's a dream come to true to bring all our loved ones together here for our wedding. We hope all our guests enjoy their time at Tapawingo and find a moment to unwind and relax in one of our favorite places.
We hope for good weather during the September 12th weekend because guests are more than welcome to swim, canoe, hike (just don't get lost) and enjoy the sunshine!
Tapawingo is a little tricky to find just outside of Parry Sound. Be prepared to drive on some unpaved roads. The map below will give you a general idea of where Tapawingo is. Click here to open directions in Google Maps or use the following written directions:
- Parry Sound is 2 hours north of Toronto. Take the 400 North to Parry Sound and take the Bowes Street exit.
- Merge right on to Bowes Street. Go 1.7km through 3 sets of lights (past the Tim Hortons, Shoppers Drug Mart, and Hospital).
- Turn left at Forest St. Go 0.8km to the end of the road.
- Turn right onto Parry Sound Rd. Go 0.4km.
- Turn left onto Emily St. Go 2.8km.
- Slight left onto Glenn Burney Rd. Go 1.1km winding past the marina parking and Glenn Burney Lodge to the end of the road where you enter Camp Tapawingo. You will see Private Propery signs on the narrow road into camp.
Shared accommodation is available at Tapawingo and we invite all our guests to stay overnight on Saturday for $20/bed. Acccomodation is rough and washrooms are separate but it's all part of the experience. Pictured below is typical Tapawingo accommodation. If this isn't for you don't worry, we have put rooms on hold in a few hotels in town (click here for details) and taxis are available to go to and from Parry Sound. Please let us know if you will be staying at Tapawingo and if you have any specific requirements. Children are also welcome to stay overnight.